A laptop charger rental service, organized by the "China Investment and Trade Capstone Design" "How are you, Share (잘 지내, 쉐어)?" team, was established at the entrance of Cafe Dream in the Central Library from May 17. This service is a kind of sharing economy designed to solve the inconvenience felt by students because of the absence of laptop chargers on campus due to the recent increase in online classes.
It is free of charge. The operating and inquiry available time is from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays. There are c-type, Apple c-type, LG Gram, Samsung Ion, and Apple II chargers. It is available in the following order through the website(https://ruokayshare1.modoo.at/?link=bcefiiqq).
1. In the schedule category, check whether a reservation is available or not for the required charger.
2. In the charger rental category, select the model, date and time and apply.
3. After approval by the administrator, receive the cabinet password through comments.
4. Rent the reserved model from multi-boxes in cabinets.
5. After use, write a return post with photo certification.
Reservations are freely available. Students can rent on an hour-by-hour basis and for up to two hours. According to the rules, it may be difficult to use later if the charger is not returned or return is delayed.
About this laptop charger rental service, Shin Jae-hoon and Chu Ji-won, students of CUK, who are users of this service, responded, “I have a mind to reuse this service and would like to recommend it to other students.”
Shin Jae-hoon (Japanese Culture•17) said, “I am grateful that good service is available for free. Users should be punctual, handle things preciously to make them available to everyone at their ease.” Chu Ji-won (International∙17) complained of some inconvenience with the permit speed of the charger rental and mentioned the need for a system to automatically receive cabinet passwords.